There are many reasons to insulate a metal building with spray foam, to name a few:
- Easier to heat and cool
- Minimize condensation
- Added structural strength
- Reduction noise levels inside and out
- More stable/constant temperature
- Reduces unwanted dust, pollen, and pests.
- The seamless layer of high efficient insulation allows for a usable building year round, due to very little thermal loss and no air infiltration.
The most common problem in metal buildings is the condensation or “sweating”. With spray foam that metal should not condensate, which results in an increase in longevity of that structure and decreases chances of critters. With moisture comes mold/mildew and small insects, following that do the predators of those insects which tend to get bigger. Stop infiltration of critters in your metal building by eliminating the source.
Typically metal buildings are difficult to use most of the year without an air conditioner or a heater, but not with spray foam. Properly insulated buildings should not get below 40 or get over 85 degrees even without another source to climate control.